Gary Pitts first started training in 1963 with Moss Miaki. His past instructors were Harry Umemoto, Hidetaka Nishiyama, George Takaahshe, Dan Ivan, Yamazaki, and Sensei Fumio Demura.
- Black Belt in Shotokan and Shito Ryu Karate
- State of California Standard Designated Teaching Credential
- 40 years teaching experience in Karate
- 50 years experience in Karate
- Author of "Karate for Human Development"
- Appears in "Who's Who in American Martial Arts"
- Holds a world record for breaking bricks
- Member of 1984 Olympic Committee
- Professional motion picture stuntman
- USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame